About the Course
To give an example of what Pivot Tables do, pretend you’re a preschool teacher who steals your students lunches, simply because its fun to do so! A banana here, a donut there and if you’re lucky, a bar of Cadbury white chocolate! After many months of doing this you and collecting data, you want to determine which students are giving the best treats and on which days. Using Pivot Tables you’re able to tabulate the distribution between these various factors and find which student is the ultimate chocolate supplier!
Pivot Tables are useful for those who deal with data that need to be categorized under several factors. For example, if you want to figure out the total number of lunches, you can just use a simple count function. But if you want to group the distribution of lunches by date, student gender and date you’ll need Pivot Tables. This course is ideal for Data Analysts.
This course contains less than 10 videos and can be completed in about 20 minutes.
This is an introductory course and so I’ll start with the basics and build from there. However, you will need to be rather well-versed with the workings of Excel. You’ll need to know how data connects between cells and how formulas work.
- Basics of inserting a pivot table based on existing information
- Column heading selection
- Grand and SubTotal implementation
- Data Supression, Field List and Field Header Editing
- Banded Rows and Columns
- Data Quick Styling
- How to edit existing data and Pivot Table refresh
- Pivot Tables
- Inserting Pivot Table and a Basic Filter00:00:00
Download the work file below to follow along!
- Creating Column headings for your Pivot Table00:00:00
- Modifying the Grand Totals of your Pivot Table00:00:00
- Surpressing Information, Adding the Field List and Removing Field Headers00:00:00
- Creating a Filter Button for the Pivot Table00:00:00
- Using Subtotals and Applying the Count Function00:00:00
- Applying Banded Rows and Columns with Pivot Styling00:00:00
- Introducing New Information into your Pivot Table00:00:00
- Applying Slicers to create a Dashboard00:00:00
- Thanks for Watching00:00:00