About the Course
I LOVE Conditional Formatting! The reason I love it is because even though its super simple to use, it makes you look like an expert! Haha! In fact, one trick is to use a lot of conditional formatting at work so that when the boss comes over, it looks like you’re doing a lot of work!
Besides the benefits I listed above, Conditional Formatting has a lot of practical uses. For example, colour coding data is very useful tool because you can see the values in your tables relative to one another via colour. Also, when communicating this data to others, you can say that the blue values are low and the red values are high. Lastly, it looks super cool!
Conditional formatting is useful for those who analyse data and try and find patterns contained within. Perfect for researchers, accountants and the like.
As conditional formatting has many uses, I decided to do a complete course on the subject. Therefore, this course is broken into several chapters which I encourage you to take slowly. There more than 25 videos and a total time just under 50 minutes.
This is for users who are already comfortable with creating tables that contain numerical data. This is ideally suited for intermediate users.
- Data Bars
- Numerical Controls and Limits
- Text Filtering
- Duplicate Highlighting
- Icon Sets
- Average Values
- Shapes and Indicators
- Updating Existing Formatting
- The Opening Act
- The Promotion00:00:00
Don't forget to download the work file so you can follow along!
- Conditional Format Uses00:00:00
- The Basics
- Case Study Explained00:00:00
- Quick Start00:00:00
- Removing Conditional Formatting00:00:00
- Data Bars and Multiple Applications
- Data Bars00:00:00
- Multiple Conditional Formatting00:00:00
- Limiting Functions and Cell Rules
- Greater Than00:00:00
- Less Than and Different Text Format00:00:00
- Between Function00:00:00
- Equal To00:00:00
- Text that Contains00:00:00
- Date Preparation00:00:00
- Date Conditional Format00:00:00
- Duplicate Conditional Format00:00:00
- Tops, Bottoms and Averages
- Top/Bottom Conditional Format00:00:00
- Top/Bottom % Conditional Format00:00:00
- Above and Below Average00:00:00
- Shapes and Indicators
- Icon Sets Explained00:00:00
- Direction Icon Sets00:00:00
- Shapes and Indicators00:00:00
- Bonus Tools
- Updating and Conditional Formatting00:00:00
- Filters and Conditional Formatting00:00:00
- The Big Finish